Heavy Metal New Year presents …
NZ’s HEAVIEST NEW YEAR camping experience!
SILENT TORTURE (Akl)
VIXEN EXECUTION (ChCh)
FALL OF MAN (Wgt)
CLOSE TO THE BONE (Akl)
DESPISE THE OFFENDED (Wgt)
LEAVE THE DEAD (Hamz)
TEETH AND NAILS (Wgt)
PLANET OF THE DEAD (Wgt)
In addition to this killer line up we have some epic entertainment lined up ...
• Chalice of Blood Photography captures and immortalizes the essence that is SmashFest, which includes you!
• Centennial Conflict mans the merch treasure troves and Holly Davis is showcasing her ‘Skeletal Domain’ ornamental animal skulls.
• Art by Flynn Fredriksson will be delighting the senses with an epic art collaboration with;
• Tairawhiti Fire Tribe and Wild Earth Belly Dancers
• New Zealand Full Contact Medieval Combat will triumphantly return to fight the Battle of Midway for the SmashFest Shield and run medieval games at camp.
• Food vendors, metal market stalls and lots of epic camp activities for all ages!
And much more, all in a family friendly environment!
SATURDAY Jan 2nd:
2 - 6pm: Camper/Band check in, BYO camping gear/food/tents/vans etc. You must show your ticket or mobile ticket code on check in.
2 - 6pm: BandCamp Games: Festival sports, entertainment and food stalls, Medieval fighting, Medieval games/workshops, Art exhibitions and more!
8pm - 12am: SMASHFEST Round 1 at Smash Palace! (Licensed venue - no BYO here)
Midnight: Camp Gates secured and re-opened at 6am
SUNDAY Jan 3rd:
12 - 4pm: Camper check in, BYO gear/food/tents/vans etc. You must show your ticket or mobile ticket code on check in.
12 - 4pm: BandCamp Games: Festival sports, entertainment and food stalls, Medieval fighting, Medieval games/workshops, Art exhibitions and more!
3pm – 8pm: SMASHFEST Round 2 at Smash Palace! (Licensed venue - no BYO here)
8:30 – 12am: SMASHFEST Final Round at Smash Palace! (Licensed venue - no BYO here)
Midnight - 2am: BandCamp Gates are reopened to Campers only.
2am: Camp Gates secured and re-opened at 6am
MONDAY Jan 4th: Check out by 10am
FEST INFO FOR CAMPERS
Day Passes and All access camp passes will be available but early bird tickets will be available on Oct 1st.
BandCamp offers: Tonnes of camping spots for SmashFest patrons and band’s exclusively. Sites are non-powered but tens/vans/motorhomes are all welcome and there is a large communal kitchen onsite with power points and full kitchen facilities. Huge bathrooms, hot water and all on Gizzy’s midway beachfront.
BandCamp is a 10 min walk/ 2 min drive from Smash Palace which hosts our bands, in Gizzy’s industrial subdivision on the beach.
Take your Heavy Metal New Year holiday at NZ’s only outdoor Metal Fest with camping! You can even bring your spawn if that’s your buzz!
See yaz in the pit!
Proudly brought to you by SmashFest Open Air NZ, Valhalla Touring NZ, Morgan & Holmes Security, Creative Communities Gisborne.
**Licensed Security officers will be At the Gates of BandCamp at all times to ensure only camp ticket holders get into camp