What is Shamanic Journey
The Shamanic Journey is a method of accessing inner wisdom through the drum, taking you into a self-guided deep meditative state. It is derived from a practice done by the healers / shamans of indigenous shamanic cultures. It is performed to gain insight and effect healing, and has been a common practice of many indigenous cultures for thousands of years.
About The Practice
The Shamanic Journey is one of the most remarkable visionary methods used by humankind to explore the hidden universe otherwise known mainly through myths and dreams.
During this experiential intro workshop, you will be introduced to core shamanism and common methods of shamans to enter non ordinary reality for problem solving and healing.
You will connect with your inner senses and be initiated into shamanic journeying, aided by the sound of a drum and other techniques for experiencing shamanic states of consciousness and for awakening one's soul and dormant spiritual power.
Travel outside of time and space into another reality and make contact with compassionate helping spirits, such as teachers and power animals, for personal wisdom and to gain knowledge to help create a better world.
There will be time to communicate your own stories, discoveries and insights for those who wish to share. Sharing is a beautiful way to learn from others' experiences.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Set more powerful intentions
- Create your own karakia/prayer
- Set up sacred space for ceremony
- Connect with your spirit helpers for personal wisdom
- Develop trust in yourself and connect to your inner wisdom
- Enhance your innate creativity
- Generate the momentum to get unstuck in some area of your life
- Calm your body & mind
What you will receive:
- A life-changing practise for spiritual inquiry that fits easily into even the busiest schedule
- Tools and tips for framing questions and interpreting your journey experiences
- Being able to make the distinction between interpreting the often symbolic language of intuitive wisdom and engaging in magical thinking
- Explore and relate to unfamiliar fields of consciousness safely
You will find this workshop especially beneficial if you:
- Seek to develop trust in yourself and your connection to your inner wisdom
- Are eager to enhance your innate creativity or generate the momentum to get unstuck in some area of your life
- Are ready to step into, and live the rest of your life as, your authentic best self
- Have burning questions about who you really are and your place in the world
What to bring:
- A yoga mat
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Cushion and/or blanket
- Warm socks (optional)
- An object of meaning
- A pen and a notebook to record your journeys
About the facilitator:
Steve has been passionate about Indigenous spirituality since the early 80’s. After discovering the medicine man ‘Rolling Thunder’ by Doug Boyd he went down the Shamanic rabbit hole. Most of the experiential teachings he received back then were of Native American origin through Cherokee Denise Linn and later Lakota Wallace Black Elk.
In the early 90’s Steve met with shaman Terri Batten who he trained with for many years. Terri had trained with Sandra Ingerman who is the educational director of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies.
For over 20 years Steve has held circles for shamanic journey guiding people to embrace their own power and answers to the questions that arise on their journey of self-actualization. This exploration of the non-ordinary realities has transformed the lives of many and is a deep passion for Steve and his connection to spirit.