The course starts at Te Ari (The Bluff), on Ninety Mile Beach located on the west coast of Northland New Zealand. It will end at Ahipara, in front of the Paripari Domain which is 85.2km by road or 62km via the beach from the start point.
You will run along the beach from the start point to the finish line. The terrain is a mixture of hard and soft sand, with dunes to the left and ocean to the right. The tide will be out at the time of the first races commencing. The course is completely signposted, with gazebo’s and aid tents every 3km.
Distance: 62 km/35.8 miles
Minimum age: 16 years as of 7 March 2020
Start location: Te Ari/Maunganui Bluff
Finish location: Paripari Domain, Ahipara
Cut off time: 3:30pm
Prize giving: 4:30pm
- Race Bib
- Courtesy Bus transfer to the start of the race only
- The Timing Team (Official Race Timers)
- Aid & Fuel stations every 3km
- Bag drop service
- End Race Recovery Space
- Medical support available
- Returning of the Kumara Tikanga
- Te Houtaewa Challenge “competitors only” t-shirt
- Te Houtaewa Taonga (finish medal)
Transport to start location:
- Transport to the start line is included for all Individual Marathon Runners Event
- Confirmation of transport is essential and we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment
- A bus will be departing Paripari domain in Ahipara andr Te Ahu Centre. Please check with your race event timetable.
- The bus to the start line will depart at the Te Ahu Centre in Kaitaia and will take you to the start line.
- There will be baggage bins provided at the start line for runners personal belongings, and personal belongings will be found for collection at the Finishers Aid Station at Paripari Domain, Ahipara.