PLASTIC FREE JULY - extended time
Come and visit Papakura to check out our monthly Sustainable Market
- South Auckland's unique sustainable market-based in Papakura, at the foyer of Papakura Library
- An exceptional array of beautiful locally produced sustainable products and crafts, arts, crafts, knitwear, babywear, jewellery, soy candles, plants, jams and chutneys, to name a few...
Visit Sustainable Papakura's stalls:
- Sustainable Living Skills Workshop - Be Soft Plastic Free - make Beeswax Wraps from $2 to $4 per wrap, depending on the size
- Home Cleaning Products awareness samples to view
- Sustainable Papakura's Recycling Collection Point—toothpaste tubes/brushes/packaging, spectacles, clean coffee pods, small e-waste, batteries, wine bottle caps. Now collecting tins, cans, bread bags and pens
- Compost information and registration for future workshops
- Home of Papakura's own reusable fabric bag—Awhio Mai Peke—the 'Borrow and Return' bag
- After visiting the market, check out our latest project - Urban Edibles' - 24 planters installed around Papakura. Veggies and herbs are ready for harvesting... remember your produce bag!!
Enjoy a drink and snack from the Twilight cafe, at the heart of the foyer - remember your reusable cup!
NB. Eftpos is available on one or two stalls, however, please bring cash for the majority of your purchases.
Attention Stall Holders: If you would like a stall at our Sustainable Market, please email our Market Co-Ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
- Exceptional library
- Papakura Museum - showing the history of Farmers - 100 years in Papakura (Foyer of the library)
- Papakura Art Gallery, Averill Street
- The Corner Creative Space, O'Shannessy Street - a creative space for young people
- The Warbirds, Ardmore Airport