Develop confidence through understanding and using your overlocker as you practise a range of sewing techniques for woven and knit fabrics. Not for beginners to sewing.
The overlocker is an important adjunct to your sewing practice, enabling your sewn goods to have a more professional finish.
If you need more insights into how to maximise the use of your overlocker, but lack confidence and would like to learn techniques that will help you to work efficiently and professionally with your overlocker, this is the course for you. You'll practice a range of common techniques for both woven and knit fabrics during this course.
You'll need to bring the following to your class:
- Your fully-threaded overlocker with its power cord/pedal and instruction manual (if you have one)
- Half metre of woven fabric and half metre of knit fabric (or the equivalent amount in large scraps from previous sewing projects)
- Fabric scissors, pins, tape measure, extra sewing thread
- Pen and paper
- Drinking bottle and lunch
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- Identify different threads paths on your overlocker
- Construct a range of samples using different techniques
- Work with increased confidence with knits through cutting and sewing fabric samples
Note: Courses need a minimum number to go ahead so if we don't have enough enrolments a few days before the start date, we have to cancel. We'll let you know by email so please check yours regularly. If you need to cancel your registration, here are our terms and conditions: "What You Need to Know".
Presented by Joyce Tam.