Michelin-starred Chef, Marc de Passorio (Head Culinary Designer of the fine dining restaurant La Maree at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour) has joined forces with The Wine Cave to host a special Michelin Star Dining Experience.
Featuring a sumptuous 7 courses, and 7 flights of premium NZ wines (from Sparkling wine to Dessert wine). Plus an open a-la-minute kitchen for dish presentation!!!
The unique 7 courses with wine pairing dining experience is priced at $295pp, the evening is expected to sell out quickly.
Menu and Wine List:
Oysters and green apple
- cream of FEJOA, bitter chocolate and salmon caviar
* Hunter’s wine “MiruMiru”, Marlborough
- mirin and lime zest, truffle oil, chizo
* Lime Rock Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Central Hawke’s Bay
Rock lobster smoked “a la minute”
- lemon jell, pomegranate seeds and red pepper confit
* Giesen The Fuder Sauvignon Blanc 2014 Matthews Lane, Marlborough
- coconut crème, coriander, Espelette pepper and pomegranate caviar
* William Murdoch Chardonnay 2016, Hawke’s Bay
Southern Bluefin tuna marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil,
- Béarnaise cromesquis «fraiche Tarragon» balsamique Glaze
* Mondillo Pinot Noir 2017, Central Otago
Canterbury lamb loin just plancha
- smoked eggplant, ratatouille
* William Murdoch Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2011, Hawke’s Bay
Texture de Valrhona Jivara Chocolate and passion fruit
- Coco crumble, hazelnuts and « fleur de sel »
* Johner Estate Nobble Syrah 2017, Gladstone
About Chef Marc de Passorio:
Born in Cameroon and raised on Reunion Island, Marc de Passorio only had one goal as a young chef – to go to France, train at the highest level and come back and open the first Michelin-starred restaurant in the Indian Ocean. And that’s exactly what he did, achieving that much-lauded star not once, but multiple times.
Having opened restaurants internationally and consulted in places like Singapore, Israel and Russia (where he cooked for Vladimir Putin) he fell head over heels in love with New Zealand on a trip in 2012. When the opportunity presented itself to live here and set up the kitchen at Harbour Society the new SO/ Auckland hotel, he didn’t hesitate, and now happily calls Auckland home. New fine dining restaurant “Harbour society” by Marc de Passorio at So/ Auckland reached top 5 restaurants in Auckland in five months’ time. Just recently in October 2020 Chef Marc opened a new fine dining sea food focused restaurant “La maree by Marc de Passorio” at new-look Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour.
Marc’s passion for only using the best products available is unsurpassed, and he’s bringing 38 years of international knowledge and combining it with stunning local ingredients to create unforgettable experience for guests. In 2009 with Michelin guide support Chef Marc organized Auckland French Cuisine Festival bringing five Michelin starred Chefs together in one kitchen to share their knowledge and experience with local culinary students and guests.
His cooking philosophy is to harness the culinary traditions of France, together with NZ’s finest products, and transform them into culinary masterpieces to create a world-class Michelin-worthy experience for New Zealanders.