1 Day / 10am to 4:30pm | $80 (includes materials).
Want to give your knife new life? or restore a family heirloom?
In this class you can bring along your own knife to re-handle or, create a handle to use on a future knife, such as in one of our knife making classes. You will choose a material (wood or antler), shape it and personalise it with carving and simple inlay. Classes can take up to ten students. If you are re-handling a knife please bring it to the class!
This class will cover:
- An introduction to carving practice, examples and carving resources
- Common carving materials, where to find them and how to prepare them
- Design phase, considerations of material and form
- Carving tools, an Introduction to hand and power tools used for carving
- Creating your carving!
- Finishing touches, polishing and staining (and attaching handle if you have brought a knife with you.