So you think your funny or just want to have a laugh, improve your public speaking, confidence or meet new friends? Join us for a fun day of Improv Comedy and our Free Taster. Learn the basics of Improv Comedy and play fun improv games. Following on from the Taster, are 3 intro-level sessions designed to introduce you to Improvisation Comedy. There are rules and skills to it! No prior acting or improv experience is required.
Improv will help you break down walls, get out of your comfort zone, self-create and self-express. You will learn valuable life skill such as confidence, communication and resilience. And of course, you meet great people and is it amazingly fun!
Specific Skills and Topics Covered:
- An introduction to the core tenets of improvisation: yes…and, agreement, listening, commitment & support
- Setting up a scene: how to use truthful storytelling as a way to generate interesting ideas for comedic scenes
- You are enough: the power of playing characters similar to yourself in a comedic scene. What would you say in real life? It’s probably the right thing to say here!
- How to find the game of a scene and create and play an intelligent character with a strong point of view (POV)
- How to flesh out your characters with rich history and philosophy
Email to register - email@example.com