Having studied all the maps and rain radars and done some crystal ball gazing - we have had to make the call to postpone the fireworks to the 6th November. It takes us over 5 hours to set up the display, and it is not safe in the rain. We understand that a reasonable band of rain spanning the width of the country is expected to hit around 7-9 pm. Friday's forecast is looking good though, so we will move to then.
Palmerston North will go off with a bang again on the night after Guy Fawkes Night!
Note: We've moved Up River this year past the end of Albert Street. We are not sure what that does for viewing, but the Anzac cliffs may block the view from the Esplanade and bridge. So please don't assemble on the bank opposite Anzac Park! It's a bit like the first year - we will all need to find our best spot for viewing again.
It's going to be great though - so look to the skies over the river at 9 pm for a free Kairanga Lions Firework Spectacular!
This has been mostly funded by the PNCC as part of their Summer Event series. If you want to help get us over the line, go to our Givealittle page and donate a couple of dollars to get the best display.
So plan your event around ours - whether it is a party in your backyard or you travel to find your best vantage spot. It is going to be spectacular!
If the weather is bad, we will postpone until the next night (6th), (not Sat 7th as that is Speedway), and the next night (8th)until they go!