The Far North ITM Fishing Contest and Auction is a must attend competition.
Hosted in Doubtless Bay this is going to be a huge event in one of the best fishing spots in New Zealand.
It's a 2 Day fishing competition where are fish caught get auctioned off at the Eastern Rugby Club
All proceeds from the auction go to... Doubtless Bay St Johns Ambulance, Eastern Rugby Club, Far North Radio & Sea Rescue, local based Mangonui Lions projects, Taipa Squash Club, BPW.
The weigh in times are:
2-4pm - Saturday followed by Fish Auction and prize-giving
12-3.30 - Sunday followed by Fish Auction and prize-giving
- Start fishing: 6am Saturday, Stop fishing: 2pm Sunday. You are welcome to fish all night.
- Fishing area: Unrestricted
- Fish categories: Snapper, Kingfish, Trevally, Kahawai, Crayfish - Spiny & Packhorse.
- Rule: All Kingfish must exceed 75cm. All Snapper minimum weight 1.5kg. Other contest species 1kg. Juniors to meet minimum legal size where required.
- Snapper: 4 per day per angler may be entered in contest.
- Kingfish: 2 per day per angler may be entered in contest.
- Crayfish –"Spiny & Pack horse" Spiny Red Rock Lobster and Pack horse” only species accepted, legal size Male 54mm/Female 60mm, Pack horse 216mm. Only Crayfish dived for can be entered and must be presented on ice, alive and not punctured. Daily combined limit is 6 legal rock lobsters and pack horse per Diver entered only.
- Weigh in venue: Eastern Rugby Club Saturday 2pm to 4.00pm Sunday 12.30pm to 3.30pm Each day followed by fish auction and prize giving. Absolutely no late weigh in’s will be accepted - no excuses. You must be in line with your fish before cutoff time. No place-holders.
- Auction both days: All registered fish will remain the property of Far North ITM organisers and to be auctioned (under MPI rules) following weigh in on day of catch. This year's proceeds to the Doubtless Bay St John’s Ambulance, Eastern Rugby Club and Lions local based projects.
- Prizegiving: Saturday at approximately 5.30pm after auction. Sunday at approximately 5.30pm after auction.
- Tackle: Only rods and conventional hand lines will be permitted. No contestant may use more than two hooks on any line or rig. No fishing with Torpedo or Kontiki.
- To be fair, all boat anglers must have a ticket.
- Protests: All protests must be in writing to the convenor by 5.00pm on the day in question.
- All fish are inspected by the Officials for validity. Any fish deemed not to be fresh or legal for any reason will be rejected at weigh in. Entrants to this tournament are deemed to be in acceptance of the rules and any violation could bring about disqualification. The decisions of the Officials are final and not subject to appeal or protest.
- As all fish are publicly auctioned fish are to be kept on ice or ice slurry until weighed in.
- Within each category: In the event of a tie the first fish registered in will be the winner.
- Liability to the public: No liability is accepted for the damage to any vehicle or property or loss of property or personal injury or damage of whatever nature or kind to any person however caused.
- Clarification of the Rules: Before you begin fishing make sure that you are clear on all the rules - if in doubt ask the officials as no warning will be given. Any competitor who commits a breach of the rules shall be disqualified.
- In the event of an unfavourable weather forecast the organisers reserve the right to cancel the competition with no refund of the ticket price.
- Anglers or entry form submissions close 9am Saturday 25th January 2020
Cost: Senior $60 or Junior $10 (Juniors (13yo & under) can enter senior section but not both. Senior fee applies)