Our surf lessons run all year round and are available for surfers of all skill levels. Our home turf, the beautiful Te Arai, is rated Auckland’s number one beach on the East Coast (NZ Herald 2018). It boasts white sand, crystal clear blue water and safe, easy and consistent waves which are perfect for beginner and intermediate lessons. In addition to Te Arai, we have access to a variety of other East Coast beaches, including Mangawhai, Orewa, Omaha and Pakiri.
Our 2-hour surf lessons are perfect for first timers, beginners, or those simply wanting to brush up on a few techniques. Lessons take place on Auckland’s favourite east coast surf beach where small groups are taught by experienced instructors who will tailor our winning lesson plan to ensure that everyone’s specific needs are not only met, but exceeded. You can buy singular lessons, or for an even better deal, you can book 3, 5 or 10 lesson packages.
- Beach awareness and understanding the wind and waves.
- Surfboard design and use, ocean entry and handling.
- Catching waves with best practice body and hands positions.
- Good paddling style and how to master the pop up technique.
- Riding your surfboard in position/ posture.
Once basics are reached (generally needs multiple lessons):
- How to accelerate and turn the board.
- Getting out the back, positioning and wave selection.
- Timing, take-offs and getting down the line.
What To Bring:
- Waterproof sunscreen
- 2 hours coaching from a highly qualified, experienced instructor
- Surfboard, wetsuit and rash vest
- Photos available on the day
Suitable for: Ages 6+
Each surfer progresses through to their next level and we make sure you’ll be standing riding waves on your first lesson or we will give you your money back!