Update: Balloons Over Waikato cancelled public participation during their annual festival this week.
Proud to be one of New Zealand's last large scale free events!
Throughout five days, spectators will enjoy the amazing site of balloons ascending through the Waikato sunrise from 7am every morning and Hamilton's biggest night out at the Zuru Nightglow, where the balloons glow to orchestrated music finishing with the best fireworks display in town!
Balloons over Waikato is New Zealand's premier hot air balloon festival. Held annually, in Hamilton, this iconic event it is arguably the most popular event in the city. It attracts balloonists from all over New Zealand and around the world, who come to experience the fun, friendship and warmth this balloon friendly city provides and to demonstrate their skills in a range of competitive activities.
- Morning Flying - From 7:00am - Every morning - Innes Common - Find the full programme online
- Balloons Visit Waipa - 6:00pm - 8:00pm - 20th March 2020 - Albert Park
- The Base Basket Burn - 6:00pm - 8:00pm - 20th March 2020 - The Base
- The CBD Balloon - 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 17th - 19th March 2020 & 4.00pm - 5.00pm - 20th March 2020 - Garden Place
- Zuru Nightglow - 4pm-9pm - 21st March 2020 - University of Waikato