Basic Distillation Techniques.
Designed for beginners, and covering the basic processes for distilling hydrosol, essential oil and spirits.
Overview of different types of stills and what they are suited for:
- Set-up and general maintenance
- The process of distillation, how it works and what it can produce
- Practical, hands on distillation of hydrosol
- Practical hands on distillation of essential oil
- Practical hands on distillation of spirit
Explanation and procedures for all three types of distillations: measuring ph levels, safe storage, yields, when to stop, how to separate oil from hydrosol, applications, using ‘wash’ or ‘mash’, measuring alcohol levels for safe, clean distilling.
Recipes, resources and equipment.
Question and answers.