Ice Skate Tour is bringing its ice rink to Palmerston North for four days!
Since 2014 Ice Skate Tour has travelled around with state of the art, artificial ice rinks. The mobile rinks look like natural ice, have 97% the same gliding capacity as natural ice, and are 100% green – which has zero impact on the environment.
- What are your smallest skates? Size 9/10 which is normally for a 4 year old child.
- What are your biggest skates? Size 13 men's.
- Is there an age restriction for kids? No as long as they fit our smallest pair of skates.
- Do I have to join my kids on the rink? You don’t have to however keep in mind there is no one from our end to assist them on the rink. Staff will only enter the rink if there is an accident or injury.
- Are there any frames to hold on to? We will have some chairs on the rink for children (or adults) to assist with their balance.
- Can I go on the rink with shoes? No ice skates only. We do have the option of shoe covers however that’s only for adults to assist people with special needs.
- Can a wheelchair go on the rink? Absolutely, we might just ask you to clean the wheels before you go on.
- Can I bring my own helmet and gloves? Yes that’s fine as long as the gloves fully cover the fingers.
- Can I use my own skates? Yes you can however we might want to check them and have the right to refuse their use.
- Is it cold on the ice rink? No we use artificial ice so no need to bring warm jackets or beanies.
- What do I need to bring? We recommend bringing long and thick socks for more comfort in the skates and a bottle of water. We will have socks available for sale on the day if you require.