The Dunedin Film Society is a non-profit volunteer run charity dedicated to showing rare films that are not usually commercially available. Why should you join? As well as offering access to the broadest cross-section of films available anywhere, a membership with us remains on of the cheapest entertainment deals in town.
Purchasing a waged or student/unwaged membership guarantees the purchaser admission to 28 of our 2020 screenings! There is no additional screening fee. Further a three-movie pass is also available for $25 which maybe upgraded to a full membership by simply paying the difference in price.
ALL REMAINING 2020 DUNEDIN FILM SOCIETY SCREENINGS
will take place in the University of Otago Red Lecture Theatre, located near the side entrance of the Scott Building, across the road from the emergency entrance of the Dunedin Public Hospital on Great King Street, not far from the corner of Hanover Street. All of this year’s film showings will begin at 7.30pm.
Due to the non-commercial screening rights, most screenings are for members or 3-Movie Pass holders only. Casual admission will only be possible at those screenings that are marked with an asterisk (*).
· 8 July: The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
· 15 July: Neighbouring Sounds
· 22 July: Exhibition
· 29 July: I Am Not a Witch
· 5 August: Arctic
· 12 August: Capharnaüm
· 19 August: Tehran Taxi (extra screening)
· 26 August: Ixcanul Volcano (extra screening)
· 2 September: A Polar Year
· 9 September: 3 Days in Quiberon *
· 16 September: Young Solitude
· 23 September: Model Shop
· 30 September: Daughters of the Dust
· 7 October: Let the Sunshine In
· 14 October: God’s Own Country
· 21 October: The Garden *
· 28 October: The Insult (extra screening)
· 4 November: The Seduction of Mimi (extra screening)