This event is a 5-person relay starting at Waitohi Domain, Picton finishing in Havelock outside the Havelock Hotel.
The relay was for runners only until 2002 when due to popular demand we introduced a walkers grade. The walkers are not referred so it is social walking.
- Lap 1: Picton to Wedge Point. 5,100 metres (Undulating, then steady climb)
- Lap 2: Wedge Point to Momorangi Bay. 8,600 metres (Downhill, then undulating)
- Lap 3: Momorangi Bay to Linkwater. 8,100 metres (Flat and fast)
- Lap 4: Linkwater to Moenui. 6,200 metres (Undulating, then steady climb)
- Lap 5: Moenui to Havelock 6,650 metres (Steady rise, then sharp downhill, then undulating)
- Open Men, Veteran Men (35 plus)
- Open Women, Veteran Women (35 plus)
- Junior Men or Women (19 & under)
- Social Runners (incl. mixed teams)
(All competitors must be aged 14 or above on Race Day).
- First three placings of each grade. (If grade contains less than 5 teams, then first prize only applies)
- Fastest Lap times Open men, Open women, Veteran Men, Veteran Women, Junior Men and Junior Women. (If grade contains only one team, then NO fastest lap time prize will be awarded)
- Performance Prizes for Social and Walkers team winners.
Spot Prizes: To be shared among all teams.
- The race is limited to a maximum of 80 teams participating (incl. walkers teams)
- Entries open 1st May 2019.
- Online Entries Close: 17th September 2019.