Perfume Playground is super excited to announce a collaboration with the Auckland Art Gallery.
A fusion of native flavours makes for a unique appreciation of Australasia’s past present and future, from bush medicine to natural perfumery to new generation fragrance, working in harmony with our bodies chemistry to promote health and vitality.
We’re hosting a half-day workshop at the Auckland Art Gallery where you’ll learn artisan blending techniques and how to create your own compact perfume infused with aroma-science. When scent, soul and science combines you create something truly remarkable.
Ideal for layering and travelling, solid perfumes satisfy your everyday needs without any hassle. Experiment in a playful space and design a liquid-free fragrance. Leave with your perfect travel companion.
What you’ll learn
Enjoy perfume through time: Past, Present & Future
Discover 18 hero botanicals Native to Asia-Pacific
To improve the scent evolution and sillage of your designs – how to be your own best critic
What you get
Creative guidance from Samantha Copland, founder of Perfume Playground, trained by world renowned alchemist Mandy Aftel. Holding a science degree in Pharmacology and Psychology, certified in flower essences, aromatherapy, plant shamanism and Ronga Maori Medicine both the art and science of perfumery is covered.
Access to a scent lab of natural essences, flower essences and terpene-science blends – the first-of-its-kind in the world
All the tools & materials you need to create your very own unique functional solid fragrance
You select 3-6 of your favourite essences and these are mixed with jojoba and organic beeswax so you take home a solid perfume
Enjoy a chocolate and tea tasting before the sensory journey begins. Not only a remarkable Sensory Experience, but your own perfumed creation to take home.
See you there!
Perfumer: Samantha Copland, trained by world renowned Mandy Aftel.
Tickets include a year long Auckland Art Gallery Membership. Auckland Art Gallery Member Benefits
As a member, you'll receive the following benefits for an annual membership of $50 ($40 concession membership). The full list of benefits includes:
- Free unlimited entry to paid exhibitions.
- Exclusive exhibition previews.
- Members Lounge access.
- Invitations to regular talks or behind-the-scenes tours.
- Regular e-newsletters.
- $12.50 movie and $15.50 3D tickets1 at Rialto Cinemas Newmarket including Friday and Saturday nights.
- 50% discount off Reading Room: A Journal of Art and Culture.
- 10% discount off food and beverage at our Mojo café.
- 10% discount at our shop 2.
- 10% discount off venue hire at the Gallery.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Australian National Maritime Museum and a 10% discount in their gift shop upon presentation of your valid membership card and a form of ID (drivers licence, passport, credit card etc.).
- Excludes Beyond Film, alternate content, film festivals, special events and screenings.
- Excludes sales and promotions. Discount not currently available online.