ARTJAM Street art workshop series for boys
ARTJAM School is a journey for young men to have fun while learning an increasingly legitimate and sought after craft, creating quality work to be proud of and connecting with others heart to heart.
About the facilitator
Melbourne born Street Artist Joshua Menheere (AKA Loveheartman) started painting in public space in 2007. He hopes to inspire youth in leading powerful lives in the light without using addictive behaviours to meet needs.
Josh has been facilitating street art murals for 6 years and starts studying a bachelor of Youth Development in July in order to better assist boys transitioning to manhood through creative means.
6th of July
'First Things First'
- Choose a word and learn to make the letters dance
- History lesson
- Find 3 artists who inspire you.
- Make your own alphabet
Create your own character and discover your unique drawing style
- Create a superhero based on your top 3 values
- Make 3 comic strips.
- Decide on a message for your mural
Practice with a spray can
- Learn the basics can control
- Structure and order of a piece
- Outline, fill, outline, highlights
- Watch Iconic Graffiti history film Style Wars
- Outdoor games
- Get to know each other more
- Drawing activities. Switch words.
- Muchu speaks on brotherhood and mana
- Design and brainstorm a mural
Create a mural in public
- We will actually make a lasting mural in a public space
Basics revisited and expanded
- Letter structure
- Can technique
- Cutting back
- Connections on letters
- History and evolution of style
- Owning and mastering your own style
- Service (Picking up litter or feeding the homeless at the shelter)
16th Trip to the Fort
- Long walking adventure to graffiti heaven (Fort Balance)
- Paint our characters
- Muchu talks about another meaning of artist - Not just creating beauty but being a beautiful creation (living our values)
- Swim and beach games at Scorching Bay
- What's on top?
- Canvas painting
- Planning a show
- Talk about school issues
Last day hangs
- Paint our last piece on the skate park graffiti walls
- Talk about self compassion and compassion for others