The Fundraising Institute of New Zealand (FINZ) and New Zealand Post Present direct Marketing Fundraising by Stephen Pidgeon
UK fundraising guru Stephen Pidgeon made his New Zealand debut at the FINZ 2012 Conference. His master class and sessions received such rave reviews, he is returning for a special series of one-day direct marketing master classes.
Every fundraiser and not-for-profit communications professional should be versed in direct marketing, one of the highest-return forms of fundraising and a great source of legacies.
Learning outcomes – at the end of the day, you will:
- Appreciate the clear distinction between the recruitment and stewardship phases of this form of fundraising, their financial models and ‘risks’ involved
- Describe advanced recruitment techniques using all media, a range of products and a range of methods
- Be able to describe appropriate welcome programmes and 10 tactics to improve the supporter experience, all of which illustrate the essential attitude required of direct marketing fundraisers in a digital age
- Be very clear about the vital role of the charity’s brand in fundraising
- Know how to get your consumer message right, talking about the impact of your work rather than your work, and expressing this in simple, emotional ways that will motivate people to respond
- Be able to analyse what is good and what is poor creative to deliver your consumer message
- Know how to get the best out of freelance or agency creatives
- Understand the pivotal role of data and the need for data analysis at all points in the process, and know the data systems that are available on the market
- Know the essentials to start a legacy marketing programme to your supporters that will, long-term, transform your charity’s income.
There will be no on-site registrations. All bookings must be made on or before 21 November.
Who should attend?
Fundraisers in charities already running a consumer fundraising programme, those who need to make their existing programme more effective and those who rely on their own knowledge to fully run direct marketing campaigns.