Holiday fun and excellent computer education for years 1-12.
- Essential computer skills: Create animations, learn Word, Excel and how to use PowerPoint as an artist's tool, to make ID cards and photo presentations. A computer is dismantled.
- Create 3D games & introduction to scripting: Create a labyrinth of rooms with water, lava, sky, walls, doors, elevators, teleporters, guards and other entities. Also includes an introduction to script programming in a fun and enjoyable way.
- Create ringtones & sound editing. Ringtones is a 1-day class and sound editing is 2 days.
- Animation & web design: Create a website using FrontPage or Dreamweaver. Add animations using GIF Animator, Macromedia Flash and GIMP.
- Programming leveL 1: Understand the principles and terminology behind programming languages. Programme a calculator and a dice throwing game.
- Intermediate & advanced workshops: Suitable for more experienced users. Advance your 3D game creation, web design, graphics and animations. Learn programming level 2 or 3, game programming and other languages. Understand databases and work with Microsoft Access. Build, update and network computers using Windows or Linux. Set up your own web site and web server.
- Build your own computer: Learn the terminology, the computer parts and how to assemble them into a computer and where to buy them from.
- Filmmaking & video editing Generate ideas, storyboard, break it into scenes, types of shots, how to frame, use a camera, tripod and video edit with a computer.
“Essential Computer Skills”:
$295 for 5 days - each additional child $50 less ($10/day);
$177 for 3 days - each additional child $30 less ($10/day).
All other courses:
$345 for 5 days - each additional child $50 less ($10/day);
$207 for 3 days - each additional child $30 less ($10/day).
Work is burnt on a disk to take home. Course fee includes lunch and a movie on Wednesday.
Lower Hutt: Free transport from Petone/Lower Hutt.