Welcome to Khandallah Bowling Club where members have been playing and enjoying lawn bowls for over 110 years. We have a well-maintained all-weather artificial turf playing surface, the only one in Wellington.
Visitors and new members are welcome. We aim to make the game of lawn bowls easily accessible, all year round, and fun for all players, regardless of age or ability. Our membership includes both playing and social members who enjoy our facilities, companionship and regular gatherings
We enjoy one of the most accessible and picturesque sites you could find with native bush and a stream to one side (Tui and Kereru abound) and park like surrounds.
You can also hire our venue for a range of options, including dinners, parties, meetings or family gatherings.
We also offer:
• any mix you like for playing bowls, social gatherings, meetings, parties or dinners
• free use of bowls, free bowling tuition and guidance as required
• great outdoor setting with BBQ facilities
• function room: seating for 85 to 90 diners, or seating for 100 person meetings
• separate lounge bar: also usable as a breakout room
• overhead projection screens in the function room and lounge
• a licensed bar
• sound system and piano
• kitchen suitable for preparing, warming and plating food
• all-weather bowling surface: up to 50 players at a time
• easy wheelchair access to the function room and lounge
• handy to public transport