The Mitre 10 Rainbow Run is back. This year there will be even more colour and more fun. The event starts at East End Reserve and takes you 5km along the iconic Coastal Walkway finishing at Ngāmotu Beach. This event is open to everyone. Spot prizes, the famous Mass Colour Throw and the Seaside Market will be waiting for you at the finish line.
On the Day:
10:00 am - Event registration.
11:00-11:30am - Participants start to run/walk.
12:45 pm - Mass colour throw.
UNDER 5's FREE
A special Rainbow Run bus service is available for participants wanting to leave their vehicle near the finish line. The buses will leave from the corner of Pioneer Rd and Breakwater Rd at 10:00 am, 10:20 am and 10:40 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your departure time.
Tickets for the bus service must be purchased before the event and will not be available on the day.
- Everyone must wear a wristband to participate in the event. Swap your ticket for your wristband at the Sport Taranaki offices on Friday 16 April 12noon-6pm or Saturday 17 April 9am-12noon. If you want to collect your wristband on the morning of the event please allow plenty of extra time as there will be a queue.
- Participants will be released in waves from the start line between 11:00 am and 11:30 am. We suggest that people wanting to take it slowly or who are completing the event with a buggy make their way to the front.
- Cancellation will only be in the event of severe weather. Should this occur full refunds will be made. This decision would be made on the morning of the event by 9am and will be communicated via email and the Sport Taranaki Facebook page.
- Please bring your own water bottle, sunscreen and wear comfortable shoes. There will be a water station at the finish line.
- Prams, pushchairs and wheelchairs are welcome. Younger children (5yrs and under) may wish to use a scooter. NO bikes please.