A 20hr Introduction to Trauma-Informed & Inclusive Yoga Teaching with Mei Lai Swan / Yoga for Humankind.
Urban Yoga is thrilled to announce that Mei Lai Swan will be returning to Wellington this year offering a 20 hour professional development workshop providing an introduction to the principles and practices of trauma-informed and inclusive yoga teaching.
The workshop will cover the foundations of trauma and attachment theory, neuroscience, evidence-based trauma-informed yoga practice and teaching skills, person-centered and social justice approaches, and the compassionate heart of yoga wisdom.
This experiential workshop is designed to support yoga teachers and those working with people who have experienced trauma to:
- Understand personal and collective trauma and its impacts on the body-mind
- Understand and work effectively with body-based practices for trauma healing and well-being
- Create safer and more inclusive environments for yoga and body-based practices
- Practice, engage and teach with compassion: meet each person where and how they are, and support them to foster a greater sense of self, agency, well-being
- Explore the intersection between yoga, social justice and embodied social change
Open to yoga teachers, community and health professionals, and committed yoga practitioners wishing to explore a trauma-informed, inclusive and compassionate approach to yoga.
*Please note this is a professional development training rather than a therapeutic workshop for personal healing.
All participants will receive pre-reading material, a manual and a certificate of completion. Yoga teachers registered with Yoga Alliance (US) are eligible for 20hr CEU.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity. If cost is an issue for you, please email us to see how we can support your participation.
Yoga for Humankind is a social enterprise yoga training school committed to sharing the benefits of yoga, mindfulness and movement practices with communities around the world. 25% of profits goes directly to supporting community-based yoga programs.
For more information about Yoga for Humankind visit the official website.
Mei Lai Swan is registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT500 and YACEP (Continuing Education Provider).