Please note: This event was scheduled for Sun 13 Sep, but was postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions. It has been rescheduled for Sun 22 Nov. Attendees have been contacted directly.
We thank you for your understanding of these changes, which are made for the wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers.
Photographer, lecturer and award-winning publisher Simon Devitt is back with his half-day workshop in which you will discover new perspectives and work on further developing your own visual language through photography. Walk away with fresh ideas on how to use photography as a storytelling medium.
This workshop is truly suitable for all levels, and has been enjoyed by photography hobbyists and semi-professionals in the past, who hailed how Simon ‘rattled our camera cages and challenged us to try new tricks’. Bring a device with a camera, 3-5 prints of images that you've taken yourself and we’ll take care of the rest (including refreshments on arrival).
Need to know:
- Coffee, tea and snacks provided.
- Please bring 3-5 of your own images for the group review session.
- This workshop includes a half-hour meal break. Please bring your own lunch.
- The non-Members price includes a one-year Membership with Auckland Art Gallery.
- Members that have a guest pass added to their membership can purchase an extra AAG Members Guest ticket for a friend.
Maximum attendance: 16
This workshop has a minimum attendance requirement which, if not met, may cause it to be cancelled. If this is the case, those registered will be fully reimbursed.
Sean Hemmerle, Brooks Brothers, WTC, New York, 12 Sep 2001, 2001, c-print. Courtesy of the artist. Artwork part of past exhibition, Civilisation, Photography, Now at Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki.
Simon Devitt, Naisoso © Simon Devitt, courtesy of the artist.