Join us on a twenty-day photography tour showcasing the best landscapes New Zealand’s North Island has to offer. This tour provides perfect locations for long exposure photography, wild coastlines, waterfalls, volcanic activity, mountains, lush forest, stunning lakes, geysers and much more.
For the first four days of our tour will be based on the Coromandel Peninsula and takes in our Long Exposure Masterclass Workshop, designed to perfect your techniques of long exposure photography. We will be based at Hahei, which offers the perfect place for wild coastlines, waterfalls and classic jetties. This workshop offers a mixture of shooting, tuition and post-processing sessions leaving you with refined skills to help create some stunning photographs for the rest of the tour.
Following this our time in the Coromandel, we will explore the Central North Island and the most magnificent volcanic landscapes of New Zealand, including the World Heritage Tongariro National Park and Mt Taranaki—arguably the country’s most shapely mountain before looping back to Auckland and heading further North.
We will then explore Northland’s scenery, offering ideal locations for long exposure photography, wild coastlines, waterfalls, and classic jetty shots. From giant sand dunes created by volcanoes; the meeting place of the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea; stunning bays; waterfalls; Kauri forest—Northland has it all!
The never-ending summers of Northland make it a beautiful place to relax. As it is a deceptively-large region, we have set aside plenty of time to explore and capture some of the lushest environment in the country.
- NZ’s four largest volcanoes
- The North Islands best beaches
- The beautiful Coromandel Peninsula
- Journeys by chartered boat
- 4WD trip on private farmland
- 20 Days’ Photography Tuition
- Boat charter in the Bay of Islands
- Ferry trip to Rangitoto Island
- Chartered boat trip on the Coromandel
- Entry to Rotorua Geothermal Reserve
- 4WD trip across private farmland
- Two nights’ stay at Carrington Estate
- Two nights’ stay at the Duke of Marlborough Hotel
- Three nights’ hotel accommodation at The Church Hotel in Hahei
- 19 nights hotel accommodation (twin-share, single upgrade available)
- 19 breakfasts
- Transport during the tour
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography and E-books
- Two 16x22" Fine-Art Prints from the Epson SC-P800
- DOC (National Park) concession fees
- Donation to our Conservation Fund
- Native tree planting to Carbon Offset your tour
For more information or to book, see the official website.