Seven week classes
Term 4 art classes & after-school care for children who like to make, create and invent. Located in Raumati, Paraparaumu - Kapiti.
Check the website for Holiday Classes.
For ages 5-13 on Tues, Wed and Thurs. The kid's art classes are from 3.30 - 5pm, however children can arrive from 3pm onwards. There is a late-stay option until 6.30pm, so the classes can extend as an after-school programme.
- Tuesdays - Paint, Print, Sew - Create Fibre Art. Sew, paint & print cushions, costumes, puppets!
- Wednesday - Drawing & Painting. Experiment With Mixed Media. Drawing and painting from real life and our imagination.
- Thursday - Clay Sculpture. Making clay animals, wizards, mermaids, dragons, plus+!
Each art class is 7 weeks in duration. Online booking is only available on the CreativeKids.co.nz website. Payment by credit card has no additional fees.
- Qualified primary teacher and artist
- 15 years' experience teaching art to primary-aged children
- Progressive teaching methods
- Lessons based on traditional and modern arts/crafts, developing skills & creativity
- Structured, but in a home-studio setting
- A child-friendly, relaxed environment for after-school
- Lots of variety / choice
- Excellent resources
The classes provide an opportunity to play and experiment in a structured but caring, home-studio environment.
Activities are designed and supervised by an experienced primary school teacher and artist.
To meet the needs of active and curious children after school we explore a variety of crafts such as sewing, crochet, pottery, felting, weaving, jewellery and woodwork; and the art forms: painting, drawing, sculpting and printmaking.
The activities utilise a child's growing mathematical skills such as estimating, measuring, scaling up & down, changing 2D to 3D, exploring symmetry, and pattern-making. Natural sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology and physics are included, as well as history and culture.
Experiments and activities...
- Experiment with colour and creative ways of using paint
- Create with clay & natural materials
- Construct with recyclables
- Engineer and test adhesive methods and materials
- Learning to trust their creative process
See photos on the website. Contact Helen with any questions.