The Para Sport Pop Up, a new and innovative initiative travels around New Zealand in the lead up to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, telling the story of New Zealand’s 50-year Paralympic history, increasing awareness of Para sport and positively influencing community perceptions of disabled people.
Entry: Free, please donate to support the New Zealand Paralympic Team to Tokyo 2020.
Different ‘have a go’ Para sport activities are available with the Pop Up including:
- Vertical jump test challenge: try and jump as high as a Paralympian
- Handcycle challenge
- Give Wheelchair basketball a go
- Blind football Virtual Reality experience
- Get a photo with Someity on the photo wall
- Learn more about Para sport
- Meet with Paralympians, Para athletes or local Para sport stakeholders
- Leave messages of support for the NZ Paralympic Team
- If all the ‘have a go’ challenges have been completed, participants can enter the draw to win wireless headphones from Harvey Norman