All Newtowners and the wider Wellington Muslim community are invited to join together to share kai and kōrero – food and conversation. This is a chance to make connections, have fun and let the Muslim community know that they are welcome and supported in Newtown.
This will be family friendly event with fun stuff for kids and adults! There will be Dari / Farsi, Somali and Arabic interpreters to help us talk to each other.
What to bring:
- A vegetarian or Halal dish to share if you can
- Your own plate and cutlery to eat from – we’re trying to keep the event low waste
- Yourself, your kids, your Newtown neighbours and friends!
Email us if you would like to volunteer at the event - we are looking for:
- People to help set up / clean up
- Confident people to facilitate conversations and make connections
- Greeters to welcome people as they arrive
The event will be at Newtown School - either in the playground or the hall if the weather is bad.
Any questions, call 04 389 4786 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org