Selwyn Community Education is based at Selwyn College, Kohimarama, Auckland.
Craft, Coffee and Conversation is a series new to our programme in 2019.
Over a range of Sunday afternoons 1 - 4 PM, join us to learn a new craft and meet others in the community.
Leave the kids at home, forget about the housework, don’t worry about dinner – instead, get creative while learning how to make a different craft each week, and give yourself the opportunity to chill out, while having fun! Just enrol for the Sundays that suit you.
On each Sunday workshop, experienced tutors will introduce different crafts which you'll learn. You'll take home your completed items, plus the knowledge of how to make these again. Materials are included for each workshop fee.
- May 12 - Make Creative Letters (tutor to be advised). Learn the art of creating beautiful lettering for making personalised wall art. Great for children's rooms.
- May 19 - Make a Macrame Dream-catcher with Kathy Skellern. Learn macrame by making a dream-catcher.
- May 26 - Make a PomPom Scarf with Minky Stapleton. Make woollen pompoms then assemble these into a funky, distinctive scarf.
- Aug 4 - Make a Stylish Faux African Juju Artwork with Minky Stapleton. Come and create a stylish faux African artwork using the popular Juju hat as inspiration. Using the technique of the plastic yarn mat we'll create a faux version (plastic yarn or fabric strips) of the feathers usually used in these hats to create an eye-catching, colourful artwork.
- Aug 11 - Make and Paint A Wooden Sign with Michelle Widdows. Distressing, sanding, and staining are a few of the important steps we will use to make your personalized wood sign look as though it has been with you for years. Just bring your creativity and a willingness to learn and you will build a wooden sign piece from scratch that is worthy of your walls or table.
- Aug 18 - Make Tissue Paper Flowers with Minky Stapleton. Learn to create paper flowers that can be assembled into stunning wall art, floral arrangements or hanging ornaments.
- Nov 3 - Make a Faux Flower Pinata with Minky Stapleton. Make a stylish birthday or other celebration pinata with a difference.
- Nov 10 - Make a Christmas Wreath with Nina Babich. Use artificial foliage, baubles, ribbon and other adornments to make your personalised Christmas wreath.
- Nov 17 - Christmas Cake Decorating with Tim Gasson. Tim will show you tips and tricks for creating charming Christmas cake decorations.
Enrol in one workshop or enrol in all. Pick and choose to suit yourself.