New Zealand's leading Bar Academy.
The Bartender Academy is the only place to train if you're serious about getting hired.
Use your new bar skills to get work all over the world.
Our graduates go on to get jobs in the superyacht industry, island resorts, international hotels & restaurants, boutique bars and world class casinos.
High quality hands-on industry level training so work falls in your lap.
Spaces are limited, book today.
Aquire the necessary bar and hospitality skills to secure a great bar job with our 3 Day Bartending Course.
The course is practical, fun and taught with passion by bartenders who work for the biggest names in NZ and around the world.
Unlike other educational courses on the market, our course its built on real world activities and hands on testing and tasting, we feel this is paramount with the “practical nature” of the hospitality profession.
This hands-on course is designed to:
- Prepare trainee bar staff with hands on experience, great product knowledge and employable skills
- Train at a highest level in the shortest period of time possible so trainees can get a job fast
- Provide trainee bar staff a both industry aligned skills accreditation and international accreditation
- Send trainee bar staff away confident, equipped and employable
Bartender Course Content:
- Fermentation & Distillation – Covering spirits, wines and beer processing, varieties, culture, processing and discover its impact on taste, colour and functionality in the bar.
- Learn how to identify taste and flavours in beer, wine and spirits
- Distill your own gin adding your own aromatics
- Learning about brewing and how to change kegs in one of Auckland’s top brew bars
- Bartending Equipment & Bar Set-up, Glassware and Garnish Prep, how to do Par Levels for stock management
- Learn the Cocktail Families, Core Formulas and Pro Techniques for the 6 pillars of mixed drinks
- Practical & Tasting Module: Then step up and make your own drinks and Rifts ( twists)
- The Art and Craft of being a Bartender – Customer Service and insider Pro Tips
- Employability – Service tips and hacks, how to become an indispensable bartender, how to secure great roles.
- Making series of drinks for the team and refining your new skills.
*To book this course students must be aged over 18yrs.
Course fees include all drinks for cocktail making & tasting and online access to The Bartender Academy eTheory.