The Certificate in Classic Cooking (Micro-credential) introduces fundamental cookery techniques required to prepare a range of classic dishes in a commercial kitchen. Knowledge of food safety, cooking terms and methods are applied in the practical sessions. Planning the sequence of cooking tasks enables dishes to be prepared efficiently with impressive results.
Some of the dishes include:
- Courgette fritters with dukkah and Guacamole
- Eggs Benedict with Sauce Hollandaise
Thai chilli beef with seasonal Asian greens
- Pan-seared sirloin with mushrooms, pan jus, Maitre'd butter
- Chicken breast with thyme and mustard cream sauce, wilted spinach, dauphinoise potatoes
- Fennel and black pepper coated pork belly with honey-roasted kumara