Join Ken Wright for a weekend seascape and waterfalls photography workshop in the multi-diverse location of Bay of Plenty and beyond to improve your landscape photography. Over this two day workshop (Friday evening to Sunday afternoon/evening) you will learn to shoot a diverse range of subject matter including classic landscape photography, waterfalls, rivers, forests and dynamic seascapes. During the weekend you will have the chance to shoot from sunrise to sunset, in a variety of locations within the Bay.
The beaches in the Bay of Plenty offer a diverse range of terrain and many offer a unique angle to be able to shoot both sunrise and sunset on the same beach. We will explore the different effects of water movement on rocks and sand, reading wave patterns to capture a dynamic seascape. Surging, exploding and retracting waves all give a different dimension to seascapes, Ken will show you how to capture the best effects in each location.
Our aim is to have each photographer get the guidance required to capture a “Hero Shot”. During the weekend Ken will take you through HDR techniques and how to combine multiple frames to tell a dynamic visual story using Photoshop to get the best out of your images.
- Tuition by Ken Wright with a small group of only 4 people
- 2 nights accommodation at Pacific Palms Resort in a 2 or 3 bedroom self-contained apartments, some may share twin room with another person from the workshop. If you wish, there is the option to upgrade to a private motel room at extra cost.
- 2 cooked breakfasts
- 2 packed lunches
- DOC concession fees
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography
- Notes on Waterfall & Seascape Photography
- Sunrise and sunset photography
- Seascapes and dynamic slow shutter speeds
- Waterfall and riverscape photography
- Image layering in Photoshop
- Settings and composition