Seatoun Primary School, in the eastern suburbs of Wellington, is celebrating its centenary year in 2021.
***This event has been postponed until Sat 5 March 2022.***
The School is holding a series of special events for pupils and staff, past and present, over 3 days from 4-6 March 2022.
On Sat 5 March, we invite you to join us for an entertaining evening and dinner at the new Rydges Hotel, where we celebrate Seatoun School students, staff and achievements over the last 100 years.
Tickets cost $100 per head (+ any processing fees) and include a 3-course meal, welcome drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) and commemorative keepsake.
Options can be made GF or cater to other dietary requirements.
You will be contacted 6 weeks prior to the event to confirm your choice of dishes.
Entrée (Choice of 1 per person)
- Vegetarian Hot Soup served with a bread roll
- Baked Salmon, pickled vegetables, watercress, quinoa and local olive oil
Main (Choice of 1 per person)
- Grilled Sirloin, confit vine tomatoes, garlic mash potato – cooked medium
- BBQ baby back pork ribs, house-made coleslaw, garlic mash potato
- Spinach and ricotta ravioli in tomato sauce
Sides (For the table)
- Farm fresh potatoes
- Pan tossed seasonal vegetables with seeds
- Garden salad
Dessert (choice of 1 per person)
- Apple Pie served with ice cream
- Chocolate Brownie served with ice cream
Tickets are strictly limited because of restaurant capacity.
Other major centenary events are:
* Centenary soiree on Fri 4 March 7pm in the Seatoun School Hall ($35 tickets available on Eventfinda)
* Street parade starting at the wharf and moving from the old school site to the new, where you'll be able to explore the school, meet in decades and view archived and other associated material, on Sat 5 March from 1pm (free and open to the public)
* A cuppa and baking in the school hall, a final opportunity to connect with new and old friends and more time to explore the school and our archives on Sun 6 March 10-11.30am (free and open to the public).
To support this event, we have some wonderful centenary goodies for sale, including a beautiful centenary coffee table book, custom centenary bottles of wine, t-shirts, hoodies, pins and coffee mugs. You will also be able to contribute native plants and pavers (embossed with your family name) as a way to help us fundraise for our exciting new playground project.
Buy merch on our school website:
Please also follow us on Facebook and share event dates with anyone you know associated with the School.
Ngā mihi maioha