Tamariki are invited to come and celebrate Te Rā O Ngā Tamariki (Children’s Day).
Yippee! Here are some of the exciting things that will be happening:
- Free nature activity booklet with fun puzzles, games, word-finding activities and colouring-in doodles for each child with their entry.
- Fun Kids Scavenger Hunt taking in items of interest within the ngāhere (forest) and wildlife aviaries.
- Each completed Scavenger Hunt form returned to staff at the Visitor Centre will win a mystery prize + go in the draw to win a family membership pass giving unlimited free entry for one year. Valued at $130.
- Spot prizes and giveaways!
- Visit juvenile brown kiwi in the Kiwi House
- Eel (Tuna) Feed at 1.30pm
- Kākā Feed at 3:00pm
Enjoy food from our Kākā Cafe or bring a picnic and sit amongst nature at the picnic tables inside the forest reserve.
(please no alcohol or pets).
Child Entry (5-14years) starts at just $7.00 (discounts for locals available)