You don't have to be flexible to enjoy this yoga course, where the emphasis is more on body awareness, quietening the nervous system and working at your own pace.
We'll cover yoga postures, yoga breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, and posture improvement. More importantly, you'll learn to be more aware of your body, which is the key to improvement, both in your yoga practice and in daily life.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Do basic yoga postures with more confidence
- Refine your performance of yoga postures by learning some of the physiology involved
- Do some yoga breathing techniques
- Do a range of warm-up and stretching exercises
- Have gained more self-awareness of tension levels, breathing and posture
- Have improved your ability to relax, using basic relaxation techniques
Bring a mat and a large towel (towel will be used as a head-rest). (This is a physical activity that involves an element of risk. While all possible measures are taken to prevent accidents or injury, please note that participation is at your own risk).
30 Jul 2020 - 17 Sep 2020
Presented by Sue Field (Tutor)