Our outdoor adventure-based school-holiday education programme is back and better than ever!
Perfect for adventurers aged 5 to 12.
Week 1 - Tuesday 21 to Friday 24 January.
- Tuesday, 21 Jan – Wilderworld: Imagine a world full of fantastical creatures. Travel through Matairangi as an explorer and envision a time when it was filled with huia, moa, and even dinosaurs. Learn about our unique wildlife and build a home for them in the bush.
- Wednesday, 22 Jan – Campfire Cooks: It’s time to gather fuel, light the matches, and sing a song around the Wilderkids campfire. Become a backcountry master chef and bake delicious bush bread over the flames.
- Thursday, 23 Jan – Huts and Hideaways: The ever-popular hut building day returns! Dream up grand designs, build super shelters and forest forts to the heart’s content in the wild woods of Mount Victoria.
- Friday, 24 Jan – Hunter-Gatherers: Unleash your wild side and go hunting and foraging in the bush. Discover new worlds in Mount Victoria, craft a bow and arrow, stalk through the undergrowth, hunt for animal tracks and learn how to make fire with friction.
Week 2 – Monday 27 to Friday 31 January.
- Monday, 27 Jan – Wild Weeds Magic: Matairangi is growing wild! Discover the hidden abundance of edible plants, brew delicious bush tea, make magical potions then plant some sensational seedlings in the Wilderkids garden.
- Tuesday, 28 Jan – Return of the Wilderhut: The ever-popular hut building day returns for its second round! Expand last week’s hideaway, or dream up new super shelters and forest forts to your heart’s content in the wild woods of Mount Victoria.
- Wednesday, 29 Jan – Sandy Sea Sculptors: Become a wild artist! Take inspiration from Matairangi, Ngake and Whātaitai as you trek through the bush to the bay. Craft your own beautiful clay sea creatures or create a giant Taniwha from recycled materials. The only limit is your imagination!
- Thursday, 30 Jan – Bushcraft Bootcamp: Learn how to survive out in the wild. Build an emergency shelter, learn how to make fire and hunt for animal tracks. Get some top tips from a visiting expert in the afternoon
- Friday, 31 Jan – Midsummer Daydream: Celebrate midsummer around the Wilderkids campfire! Make upcycled decorations, flower crowns, and musical instruments for the party. Dance, play, sing, and gather around the campfire to share music and munch on marshmallows.
Cost: $56 per child per day & get a 10% discount on any full-week booking.
We're also offering a $10 spot each day to any family with a Community Services Card. Head to the website to register.