A baby goes through around 5,500 nappy changes, but that doesn’t mean you have to send 5,500 nappies to landfill!
In Kate Mead’s longest running and most popular waste minimisation workshop, you’ll be shocked, educated, and entertained. But even better, you’ll walk away inspired and empowered to make impactful changes.
Whether you already have littlies around or you’re expecting to, this workshop is full of practical strategies to help you minimize your family’s waste. Plus, you’ll receive a free gift pack full of eco-friendly products that will give you the means to get started right away!
For over 10 years, Kate Meads has been working with councils to deliver waste minimisation workshops to thousands of Kiwis throughout the country. Her passion for spreading awareness of often-ignored waste issues is rooted in her belief that “if everyone did just one small thing for our environment every single day, we will start to make a difference that will count”.
Kate’s workshops are real, down-to-earth, and practical. She likes to have a laugh with the audience and ensure everyone knows that she’s not perfect, nor does she expect them to be! Any change in the right direction is a good change. Waste is a serious and sometimes overwhelming issue, but there’s no point in feeling defeated when there’s so much we can do to combat it.
“Attended the Waste Free Parenting workshop in Havelock North a couple of days ago. To tell you the truth, I hadn't expected it to be such an entertaining evening - there were tears of laughter - but Kate has a great way of bridging the brain-gap between the enormous magnitude of the waste problem, and the genuine differences that can be made by seemingly small individual choices. Highly recommended.” - Deanna, a recent attendee.
• The ‘Individual’ Ticket admits one person and you receive one free pack of waste minimisation products.
• The ‘Couples’ Ticket admits two people to the workshop and you will receive one free pack. So, if you’d like to get a pack each, make sure to book individual tickets.
• There are limited spaces and packs available.
• There’s no need to print off your ticket(s) – we can scan them straight from your smartphone/device as you arrive at the workshop.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop start time to collect your free pack and find a seat.
You are welcome to bring your baby to the workshop, but please be mindful that if they become upset you may need to pop out to settle them, so as not to distract other attendees. Therefore, (if possible) it is preferable that babies older than 6 months do not attend an evening workshop as it can be too late for them and cause disruptions. If you bring quiet toys to settle them this can be OK.