The 2020 US election will have a major impact on US-China relations. What can we expect after November? What implications for New Zealand and our Asia Pacific region in terms of diplomacy, security and trade?
Chair: Maty Nikkhou-O’Brien, Founding Director, Diplosphere
- Her Excellency Ms Wu Xi, Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China (TBC)
- Hon Tim Groser, former NZ Ambassador to the US, Minister of Trade, Minister of Climate Change and Deputy Foreign Minister (John Key’s Govt 2008-15)
- Ambassador Ford Hart, former US diplomat, Consul General to Hong Kong & Macau, US National Security Council’s China Director
- Anna Fifield, former Beijing Bureau Chief for The Washington Post, Bureau Chief in Tokyo
- Dr Alan Bollard, Chair for Pacific Region Business at Victoria University, former Executive Director of the APEC Secretariat, Governor of the NZ Reserve Bank, Secretary of Treasury
- Dr Xiaoming Huang, Professor of International Relations, Victoria University