For those who have completed Te Reo Māori - Introductory 1 recently or have equivalent knowledge. (Please see the Te Reo Māori - Introductory 1 course description for an indication of what is covered. Discounted fee of $85 for NZ citizens and residents - evidence of eligibility required).
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss our responsibilities as a bi-cultural nation under ‘Te Tiriti o Waitangi’ and identify underlying Māori values such as: whanaungatanga, pepehā and tikanga
- Discuss the significance of whakapapa as a fundamental Māori world view and confidently describe your family and relationships through this lens
- Form simple sentences to describe parts of your face and body
- Discuss protocol on the marae
- Recognise the importance and use of karakia and be able to recite one correctly
- Recognise the cultural values inherent within different whakataukī (proverbs) and kīwaha (idioms) and be able to correctly recite one of each