Son de Cuba is the first-ever New Zealand and more specifically Wellington-based 100% Cuban Quartet featuring Roberto Rodriguez Boffil (La Isla de la Juventud), Angel Manuel Guilarte Medina (Santiago de Cuba) and our most recent arrival in the Capital Ernesto Zuñiga (Trinidad de Cuba) on their Cuban tres and guitarras, and Rafael Ferrer Noel (La Habana/Las Tunas) on his Cuban congas.
Key event details:.
- 6pm special Milonga pre-party
- 8pm gig start
- Venue 39 Marine Parade Napier
- Pre-sales $15pp
- Door sales (subject to availability) $20pp
- Cash bar featuring Cuban cocktails
- Dine and dance option available - cost TBC
- All inquiries -0275829925
Special guests -Tango passion-Viva Latina dance company - Salsa fusion. Latin Dance workshops announced soon.
*The ensemble's name literally means "They are from Cuba"... It also means "Son (style of Cuban music from the 50s popularised by the Buena Vista Social Club) from Cuba”. And if you play on the translation and stretch a bit it also can mean "Son(s) of Cuba".