The most anticipated event of the year is here! Carnaval 2020 with beat maestros Só Samba, Wellington’s first authentic roots samba band, bringing the real Brazilian Carnaval vibe to the capital since 2013!
Expect the unexpected, but this is what's planned for the evening, the rest is up to you:
9.30pm - MaracaTui bringing together the percussion, song, and dance of the Maracatu tradition - all the way from Pernambuco in the Northeast of Brazil to the shores of New Zealand for your dancing and listening delight!
10.30pm – Só Samba playing the best of Brazilian Carnaval tunes to keep you moving: roots samba, samba-enredo, samba-funk, samba-everything, and of course the band's traditional marchinhas set that you all know so well!
DJ Black will keep the Bristol bouncing between sets. There will be Brazilian food and drinks on the menu, so we recommend you arrive early to get the full experience and flavours of Brazil.
Lose yourself in the hedonistic world of Carnaval!
Só Samba line-up:
- Marina Morena - Lead vocals and pandeiro
- André Ô Black - Vocals, cuica & percussion
- Chris Mulholland - Guitar
- Emiliano Couto Xavier - Rebolo, snare & percussion
- Bruno Carvalho – Cavaquinho
- Aiko Sato - Trombone
- Theo Sekeris - Bass & trumpet
- Joel Marques Junior - Surdo (direct from Queenstown!)
More special guests to be announced!