This 3D modelling course introduces the general operations of Sketchup and teaches how to model 3D objects and print them on a 3D printer. It covers setting up your work space, downloading useful tools, navigating the work space, creating 3D objects then exporting them ready for 3D printing.
Students will get a demonstration of 3D printing at the end of the course.
The course covers the following items:
- Set up work space, download useful tools.
- Navigation around the 3d environment
- Drawing of 3D shapes and joining them, check and repair any faults.
- Advanced tools, follow-me, outline trace.
- You will design two functional objects on the course and export them ready to print.
- Grouping, components and layer organisation
- Load 3D file into printer and 3D printer demonstration