Enrich your winter with a local adventure to Ngā Manu Nature Reserve. Take part in our Golden Kiwi Egg Hunt for your chance to win a Kiwi Night Encounter for up to 10 people (valued at $300). Find the locations of all 6 Golden Kiwi Eggs and answer the questions to enter our huge prize draw!
Our network of all-weather trails gives you the chance to experience both forest and wetland habitats and the walk-through aviaries and nocturnal house offer close-up encounters with our rare NZ wildlife. At 2pm everyday rain or shine you can watch the Ngā Manu eels being fed – purchase an eel feeding token for $2 from our visitor centre.
To celebrate the end of NZ lockdown we have some very special winter pricing. We also have free entry for preschoolers, dependent disabled persons and their carers.
- Only one Golden Kiwi Egg Hunt entry sheet per family.
- All questions must be completed for your chance to win.
- The winning entry will be drawn at random on Tuesday 21st July and the winner will be notified by phone and announced on Facebook.
- The winner will receive a voucher for a private Kiwi Night Encounter for up to 10 people (valid for 6 months). We recommend this experience for children aged 7+, but as this is a private encounter for your group only, younger children may attend in this case. The encounter will take place on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening - the start time relates to sunset and so will be confirmed on booking.
- See our website for the full details of this encounter.