Through Equine Supported Therapy and Development
Incorporating Te Whare Tapa Whā
Be part of a 4-day experiential workshop with our horses, learning about the fundamentals of Equine Supported Therapy. Our emphasis is giving respect to the horses and what they bring to sessions, as well as bringing in our cultural respect for Māori and all indigenous people. We work outdoors and again this element of being in nature is one of our founding principles.
Key learning objectives:
- Enhancing awareness of self, others, and the environment
- Experiential non-verbal interventions
- Widening therapist’s perspectives
- Use of metaphor in therapy
- Integrating tohu and client lead therapy
- Authentic cultural responsiveness
Day 1 - Introduction to Fundamental Principles of Equine Supported Therapy
Day 2 - Language of the herd and the medicine wheel
Day 3 - Experiential verbal and non-verbal interventions
Day 4 - Integrating tohu and client lead therapy
Suitability: Professionals working in mental health (practitioners)
Requirements: No prior knowledge/ experience is necessary
If you have any questions, please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Horse Sense Team