Learn the elegant script writing of past generations, with a contemporary twist. Beautiful thin upstrokes, curved and joined with fine loops, contrasted by graduated broader downward movements; giving a fine balance of thick and thin.
Using a nib holder and pointed pen nib, we will learn about letter connections and combinations, and suitable papers and different pigments to use. *$20 for class materials, payable to tutor. A range of suitable Calligraphy pens will also be available for purchase on the first day of class.
Tutor: Margaret Woollett
Term 1: 13 February, 8 Weeks, $110.00
Term 2: 30 April, 8 Weeks, $110.00
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre. Our Term 1 and 2 programme runs from February to July, with flyers available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets.
Learn a Language
Start as a beginner or join us to improve your grammar and conversation! We offer multi-level language classes in French, German, Italian, and Spanish, plus beginners classes in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori and Portuguese.
English for new Kiwis:
Beginners will quickly improve their English skills with our intensive daytime classes. Night classes help English in the workplace and intermediate level fluency and pronunciation. New Zealand residents’ fees are subsidised.
Stay in great shape
Our Healthy Body & Mind Classes are among the most popular held at Parnell Community Centre. Classes in Hatha Yoga, Tai Chi & Qigong and The Art of Dance are all strength and balance classes approved by ACC's Live Stronger for Longer programme. Along with our Pilates classes, they're great for all ages and can help +65 year olds stay stronger for longer and prevent falls.
Discover a hidden talent as you learn or build on your skills from our classes in drawing, painting, creative flower arranging, knitting, calligraphy. We're also introducing two new classes - Floral Design and Pointed Pen Calligraphy.
Be sociable and join in activities at Parnell Community Centre:
Join in one of our fun social groups. One $10 annual fee covers your membership for all social activities, then pay a small fee ($3-$8) per session, which includes tea, coffee and biscuits.
For further details about our community classes and activities, see our website or contact Aya on 09 555 5164.
You’ll find details of all our classes on Parnell NZ.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
- Enrol online
- Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email or post it to us; or
- Come to the Parnell Community Centre office in the Jubilee Building, opposite the Parnell Library at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) with a Gold Card or people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.