• Just starting out?
• Still on “Auto”?
• Just got a new camera?
• Not getting photos you’re happy with?
• Been photographing for a while, but still not “on top of it”?
• Not very confident with your current camera?
If you’re answering “Yes” to any of these questions, then the “Photo Essentials” workshop is probably exactly what you need. Aimed at beginner and intermediate photographers, you’ll come away much more confident about your photography. For those of you who have been photographing for quite some time but never really felt you were “on top of it”, we’ll cover all the basics that you probably should have learned when starting out but didn’t [or have since forgotten] - and then move on to making you a much more competent and confident photographer. You’ll finish the workshop a much better photographer. And a more relaxed, smiling one. And hopefully inspired [we work hard at that ]
Topics we’ll cover include:
1. The myths about photography
2. The 4 things that hold most photographers back
3. Digital workflow
5. The different kinds of light
6. KIM’S TRIANGLE: Head, Heart & Technical
7. EXPOSURE TRIANGLE: Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
8. DEPTH OF FIELD TRIANGLE: Aperture, Distance, Focal Length
9. Lenses. Which is best for any particular subject/situation.
10 “Spot the shot”
11. Camera modes [Auto, Program, Manual, Aperture Priority, etc]
12. Introduction to travel, landscape and people photography
1. “Before Taking the Photo – Checklist”
2. “Checklist for Critiquing Photos”
3. “Elements of a Good Photo”
4. Depth of field - the three amigos
Workshop includes an assignment and follow-up evening 2-3 weeks later for assignment evaluation [at a time that suits everyone]. The follow-up can be by email.
Cost: Full course fee [which includes tuition, hand-outs, Vivienne’s yummy catering, assignment and follow-up] $295. Fulltime students with ID $145.
ABOUT KIM WESTERSKOV: Kim is uniquely qualified to teach this. He is one of the very few photographers ever to have won five First Prizes in the BBC/Natural History Museum “Wildlife photographer of the Year”, the world’s biggest and most prestigious nature photography competition, running for over 50 years now. This competition is recognized as the Oscars or Olympics of nature photography worldwide. Kim has judged many photography competitions, including four years judging the “New Zealand Geographic Photographer of the Year” competition.
Kim has had a long and internationally-recognized career as a photographer and for the last 12 years has taught, inspired and guided many photographers through mentoring, tuition and the regular workshops he runs. He has had 18 books published internationally, all written and photographed by him..
Any questions: please contact Kim at email@example.com
KIM WESTERSKOV’S 2020 WORKSHOP PROGRAMME. All are one-day workshops, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm:
• Saturday 22nd February. “Landscapes & Seascapes” photo workshop.
• Sunday 29th March. “Close Up Magic” photo workshop.
• Saturday 2nd May. “Photo Essentials” workshop.
• Sunday 24th May. “Slow, smooth & wonderful – long exposures” photo workshop.
• Saturday 20th June. “Great people photos” workshop. Portraits, kids, families, candid, travel, events, weddings.
• Sunday 19th July. “Photo Impressionism & Photo Art” workshop.
• Saturday 15th August. “Zap, Zing, Wow! & Creativity” photo workshop. Going “deeper” & becoming more creative with your photography. “Soul” and “storytelling” in your photography.
• Sunday 13th September. “Composition & Light” photo workshop.
• Saturday 10th October. “Even more exciting new techniques” photo workshop.
• Sunday 1st November. “Good photos, great photos – anytime, anywhere” photo workshop.