*This Eventfinda event helps you register for a single Observation of an Early Learners class.*
Ni Hao Children’s Community offer fun “Early Learners” Mandarin Chinese classes for children aged 3 years old and under. Early Learners classes are suitable for families learning Mandarin Chinese as a Foreign or Additional Language. (It is not intended for native Mandarin-speaking families who already communicate with their child only in Mandarin, though you are welcome as well!)
The Early Learner classes are parent & child classes, where you (or a caregiver) accompany your child to each session and are expected to role model for your child in class. See this as a fun activity that you’re doing with your child and enjoy the bonding time while learning something new together! :)
Ni Hao Children’s Community operates as a language school, on a full school year enrolment / 4 school term commitment, and interested families are required to trial two classes (trial fee applies) before enrolling. This gives you and your child an opportunity to experience it in person and for us to find out more from you about what you are looking for, before you enrol/commit to a full school year.
Some families may wish to attend a free observation before signing up for the paid trial. This Eventfinda event helps you register for a free, single Observation of an Early Learners class. The observation session gives you a rough idea of how the class runs. There is no fixed length of time for an observation - you may leave when you wish, though the approximate structure of the 45 minute class is: welcome songs, story time, language activities, action songs & movement, and goodbye songs.
Observation terms & conditions:
1. Our school only runs on Saturdays during NZ school term time.
2. Once booked via Eventfinda, no date changes for your observation booking can be made as we do not have the administration resource to handle changes.
3. Limited to 1 observation per family per year due to limited spaces. This allows other families to have the opportunity to sign up for an observation.
4. Please bring your Eventfinda ticket with you on the day. You may come along by yourself or also bring your child.
5. You and your child are able to observe quietly from the back of the classroom, and will not be allowed to participate in the class.
6. Please switch all devices to silent and please do not bring toys to entertain your child as this becomes a distraction for the children who are part of the class.
7. Please note that if observers are noisy, distracting the teacher or disrupting the class for the enrolled students, they will be asked to leave. Please don’t be offended! It’s important to us to safeguard the children’s learning environment so that they can focus on and have fun with the language learning activities.