Join Ken Wright, along with Richard Young and Shaun Barnett on a 15-day photography tour showcasing some of the best landscapes New Zealand’s North Island has to offer. This tour offers perfect situations for long exposure photography, wild coastlines, waterfalls, volcanic activity and mountains. On this tour we will explore Northland, all the way to the very northern tip of New Zealand, before traversing across the North Island’s extraordinarily active geothermal landscape.
Historically, Northland was the main hub for activity in New Zealand and to date retains numerous remarkable landmarks: Russell - the former capital; the Treaty of Waitangi grounds are the home of modern New Zealand; giant sand dunes created by Volcanoes; the meeting place of the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea; Kauri forest.
We will also see many of the most magnificent volcanic landscapes of New Zealand, including the World Heritage Tongariro National Park, White Island (one of the world’s most active volcanoes) and Mt Taranaki, arguably the country’s most shapely mountain before looping back around to Auckland.
Taking the extra time to fully explore these wonders can never be underestimated as a necessity, their aura can inspire some amazing photography. Whilst exploring you shall also view stunning lakes, spectacular waterfalls, mysterious boulders and pools of bubbling mud with geysers.
Find out more: https://www.photographyworkshops.co.nz/package/north-island-landscapes-photo-tour-2020/?utm_source=Event-Finder
- Chartered boats in various locations
- All the main volcanoes
- Travel where the Pacific and Tasman Sea meet
- Explore New Zealand’s main volcanoes
- 4WD trip on private farmland
Auckland - Auckland
- Bay of Islands and Hokianga
- Cape Reinga & Te Paki Sand Dunes
- White Island & Rotorua
- Mt Ruapehu, Tongariro and Ngauruhoe
- Mt Taranaki and Taranaki coastline
- 15 days Photography Tuition
- Boat trip in the Bay of Islands
- Ferry trip to Rangitoto Island
- Tour and boat trip and tour of White Island
- Entry to Rotorua Geothermal Reserve
- 4WD trip across private farmland
- 14 nights hotel accommodation (twin share, single upgrade available)
- 14 breakfasts
- Transport during the tour
- Copy of Pocket Guide to Landscape Photography
- DOC concession fees
- Donation to our Tongariro Conservation Project