The Mitre 10 Rainbow Run is back. This year there will be even more colour and more fun. The event starts at East End Reserve and takes you 5km along the iconic Coastal Walkway finishing at Ngamotu Beach. This event is open to participants of all ages and speeds - everyone is welcome. Spot prizes, the infamous Mass Colour Throw and the Seaside Market will be waiting for you at the finish line.
On the Day:
10:00 am - Event registration.
11:00-11:30am - Participants start to run/walk.
12:45 pm - Mass colour throw.
A special Rainbow Run bus service will be available for participants wanting to leave their vehicle near the finish line. The buses will leave from the corner of Pioneer Rd and Breakwater Rd at 10:00 am, 10:20 am and 10:40 am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your departure time.
Tickets for the bus service must be purchased before the event and will not be available on the day.
- Everyone must be wearing a wristband to participate in the event. You can swap your ticket for your wristband at the Sport Taranaki office Friday 3 April 12noon-6pm or Saturday 4 April 9am-12noon. If you are planning to collect your wristband on the morning of the event please allow sufficient time to do so as there will be a queue.
- On the day participants will be released in waves from the start line between 11:00 am and 11:30 am. We suggest that participants wanting to take it slowly or are completing the event with a buggy etc. make their way to the front.
- Cancellation will only be in the event of severe weather, the final decision being made by the event management. Only upon these circumstances, refunds will be provided. This decision would be made on the morning of the event by 9am and will be communicated via email and the Sport Taranaki Facebook page.
- Please bring your own water bottle, sunscreen and wear comfortable shoes. There will be a water station at the finish line.
- Prams, pushchairs and wheelchairs are welcome. Younger children (5yrs and under) may wish to use a scooter. NO bikes please.