Mindfulness has become recognised as a credible, mainstream, evidence-based way of assisting people to realign their unhelpful thinking and behaviour. At the heart of the intervention is a focus on slowing down and becoming deliberate in your day to day actions and thoughts, thus bringing an increased awareness of the external environment and to the internal experience of the body and mind. It allows thoughts and feelings to be observed from a distance, without misinterpretation.
Mindfulness helps people to step out of their conditioning and see issues such as anxiety, depression, substance use, eating disorders, self-acceptance, and emotional trauma from a clearer perspective.
Compass Seminars is pleased to announce that popular Australian Clinical Psychologist and Mindfulness Practitioner, Dr Angela Morgan will be returning to New Zealand to deliver a three-day intensive mindfulness workshop. This training will provide attendees with an opportunity to develop, practice and refine the skills and techniques that are central to this popular approach. The training will be a blend of experiential, practical information and discussions and will provide the opportunity to deepen your own mindfulness practice personally and in your work with clients of all ages.
Some of the specific areas that Angela will cover include:
- The use of mindfulness to enhance your own therapeutic presence.
- How mindfulness can create more opportunities to increase your therapeutic intuition, flexibility & creativity.
- Recent research into the neuroscience of mindfulness, & how using mindfulness can produce changes in your clients' (and your) brain structure, functioning & plasticity.
- Increasing your understanding of how different mindfulness exercises can be utilised with different clients, and for which problems and how to get the timing right.
- How to use mindfulness to establish safety when clients become overwhelmed and when not to use mindfulness at all.
This intensive workshop will build on participants existing understanding of mindfulness with the goal of taking it to the next level. A basic level of understanding about the core principles of the approach is required by those planning to attend.
Angela Morgan PhD is a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in the application of mindfulness and acceptance-based interventions. Based in Queensland, she has formally lectured in psychology at Griffith University and has received numerous awards and commendations for her teaching. Angela runs a successful private practice and provides clinical supervision.
Her contemporary knowledge of this topic, when combined with her endearing presentation style and strong focus on practical applications, mean this seminar will be beneficial for any helping professionals looking to deepen their understanding of mindfulness and its practical application in their work.
Places are strictly limited to the first 40 delegates only. We would encourage you to register early to avoid disappointment.